Self Defense for Women
Personal safety is an issue of importance for everyone and especially for women. Every day we come across news of violence against women on road, while travelling, and in offices. At times they are not safe even in their own house. The onus is on women themselves to wake up and do whatever it takes to protect themselves.
- The first and probably most important component in self-defense for any women is awareness: awareness of themselves and their surroundings.
- Learn to trust the power of your sixth sense and use it to your full advantage. You might be correct in your thinking.
- You can protect yourself through your body language itself. Always walk confidently- never walk with your head down or appear nervous.
- Always carry a pepper spray in your handbags as a self defense tool.
- While driving, avoid car-jacking by locking all doors and windows, especially at night.
- When at home, never ever open door for any unknown person unless you are certain you know who’s on the other side.
- Always understand your right to fight any situation and that you can and should defend yourself physically too if required.
- Join self defense programs that fully trains you to tactfully handle any violent situation.
- Make sure your phone is fully charged and save numbers of friends and family on speed dial.
- Never shy away from escaping a situation as it is always a best option.