Beat the Heat
Its burning outside and it is very important to protect your self from the soaring temperature. Though occasional downpour this year is bringing a sigh of relief but the majority heat waves is ready to take a toll on your health. Following techniques can keep you safe from the heat onslaught-
- Eat light, small, frequent meals.
- Stay indoors and restrict outdoor activities to the cooler parts of the day.
- Include salads in your diet.
- Wear loose, full-sleeved cotton clothes
- If you get burnt (sun stroke or heat stroke), seek relief by sipping on green tea or take a spoon of onion juice.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day.
- To cool the body through sweating, add small amounts of hot spices to food while cooking.
- Avoid extreme cold foods and drinks as they interfere with digestion and sweating.
- If you're a non-vegetarian limit red meat and instead go for fish and oysters.